Osburn to leave Niles West, Ness will be new principal

Osburn+to+leave+Niles+West%2C+Ness+will+be+new+principal+

Niles West principal Kaine Osburn will be leaving that post to become deputy superintendent of District 203 at the end of the 2012-2013 school year. Jason Ness (left), currently serving as West’s assistant principal of student services, will succeed him as principal of Niles West. Osburn’s new position as District 203’s deputy superintendent will begin on July 1. Ness was named as Osburn’s replacement on Feb. 11.

“Leaving Niles West and District 219 is not without great pain,” Osburn said. “I have dedicated the last 14 years of my life to the students, parents and teachers of Niles West. No matter the difficulty, challenge, or triumph, every day has been my honor and privilege to serve here.”

District 203 is the eighth largest school district in the state, including 22 K-12 schools and includes around 17,000 students.

Osburn taught at Niles West from 1998 to 2005 and became principal in 2007 after a brief, one-year stint as West’s assistant principal of operations.

Ness started in District 219 in 1999 as a school psychologist at Niles North. He was principal of Niles Central from 2007-2009 and has led Niles West’s Student Services program since becoming assistant principal in 2009.  He will become principal effective July 1.