Niles North 333 Robotics competes in Worlds Robotics Championship

Last week, (May 5), Niles North 333 Robotics went to Dallas, Texas, to compete in the VEX Worlds Robotics Championship, the biggest middle and high school robotics competition in the world. 

Through lots of hard work in and out of school, 4 of their teams were able to qualify: 333A, 333B, 333R, and 333S. 333A and 333B are mostly seniors. “They have dedicated a tremendous amount of time to robotics all while staying active in athletics and other clubs,” club sponsor Robb Barton said. 

During the year, the students involved have been committed to designing, building and programming their robot. Through this, they have also accomplished many other achievements this year, including 2 teams (333A and 333B) winning the state championship, 333A winning the Excellence Award, and 333B winning the Robot Skills award. 

Students can gain a lot through Robotics. Barton said, “We hope to inspire students, increase their communication skills, and help them gain invaluable knowledge by exposing them to the many different disciplines of engineering that are included within robotics. We also hope to make Niles North proud with the success of the club.” 

The club has done incredible so far, and should look forward to a successful future!