APproach success at annual AP night

Niles North High School will be hosting their annual Advanced Placement (AP) informational night, APproach to College: The Pathway to Success, on January 8 in the auditorium from 6:30 p.m. until 8:30 p.m.

The night is for students currently enrolled in and teachers of an AP class to tell students what AP classes are and why taking one is an advantage.

An AP class allows students to earn college credit while taking on the challenge of seeing if they’re college-ready. Taking AP classes helps save money for tuition and helps students prepare for college.

“Taking AP classes helps students with more detailed real-world problems. They go into more in-depth studies, rather than broad ideas,” senior Omer Malik said. “It helps to encourage determined kids to think deeper and allows a glimpse of college classes in high school.”

“Taking an AP class gets you ready for the challenges ahead,” junior Ian Cadienete said.

“Students should take AP classes because they can help lessen your load in college and because they challenge you,” senior Karli Goldenberg said. “AP courses force students to grow and learn in response to the increased course load they experience.”

“I believe that students can only appreciate what they’ve learned if they have struggled and pushed themselves.”

APproach to College: The Pathway to Success will feature the opportunity to ask representatives from the University of Illinois and Gettysburg College questions, as well as explore the AP fair to meet teachers, chat with students, and find out about the requirements and expectations of the many AP classes Niles North has to offer.