I’m dreaming of a Niles North Christmas

It’s about that time folks – lights are being strung from tree to tree, 93.9 has officially made the transition from pop culture favorites to classic holiday tunes and Hanukkah has already begun. The holidays are here, and the Vikings are bringing the spirit straight to their backyard.

On Friday, Dec. 6, Niles North will be hosting its first ever Fraser Fir Christmas tree sale in preparation for the holidays. All proceeds will support the Dan Horyn Memorial Scholarship Fund, which will go to both the male and female outstanding senior athlete.

English teacher Heather Ingraham plans on purchasing a tree for the classroom. “I’m inviting my students to put something, anything, on the tree that they would like to see represented – small national or city flags, pictures of favorite performers or athletes, drawings of pets and so on.”

No matter what holiday you celebrate, there is no doubt that the sale is a great opportunity to raise money for a wonderful scholarship dedicated to students in memory of Dan Horyn. “I’d love to see this become an annual tradition,” Ingraham added.

USDA trees, which are 6-8 feet tall will be sold for $50 and Field Select trees will be sold for $40. Trees will be up for sale from 11:30 a.m. until 5 p.m. in the tennis courts.

Happy holidays!