Girls soccer kicks the season off with 2-4-1 conference record

The varsity girls soccer team kicked off their season successfully with a record of 4-6-1, and 2-4-1 in Conference. The team is led by head coach Paul Elkins, and assistant coaches Paul Keenan and Filip Cejovic.

The team captains this season are sophomore Alyssa Brand and junior Sara Beladi.

“So far this season we’ve played a lot of defense,” Beladi says. “We can improve by being more offensive, and hopefully we can bring the Conference title to Niles North.”

The Vikings showed they’re a force to be reckoned with on March 16, winning their first game against Highland Park. The final score of this conference game was 1-0.

On March 18, the varsity team played St. Ignatius, losing with a final score of 0-2. April 2, the team was defeated by Lake Forest High School with a final score of 0-1.

On April 6 the girls changed their fate by destroying Wauconda High School 4-0. The goals were scored by Beladi, senior Danielle Yonan, sophomore Demetra Adrahtas, and Brand.

The team was defeated by Evanston Township High School on April 9 with a score of 0-3.

On April 12, the Varsity team dominated the field once again, conquering Northside Prep with a score of 4-0.

The following day, the Vikings competed against the Niles West Wolves for a highly anticipated, exciting game. Niles North tied the Wolves with a score of 0-0.

On April 15, the Vikings were victorious once again against the Maine West Warriors.

” In our last three games, we are 2-0-1 with no goals against [us],” Elkins says. “We are playing our best soccer right now and at the most important time.”

On April 23, Deerfield took the win 2-0.

On the 25th the Vikings faced another loss against the Glenbrook North Spartans, 4-1.

Come out and support your girls varsity soccer team on Wednesday, May 1 for their home Conference game against the Waukegan Bulldogs.

Check out the schedule for the rest of the season below:

Girls Soccer 2013

Go Vikings!