Girls Badminton team is off to an amazing start

Haya Akkiswala

The badminton team has just started and there are a lot of things that have been improved. 

The team itself has grown since last season. The team only had one senior and there was a need for more people, luckily new freshmen players decided to join. Now the team has a lot of players who are willing to play. With more players on the team the more possibility for them to reach state. 

The season so far has started amazingly. They have only played two games and have won both of their games. The team overall has a healthy environment; the team is very welcoming. Even though the team only has one senior there are juniors who are willing to help the freshmen with their badminton skills. Overall the people of the sports are nice to newcomers, and they have nice coaches who also encourage people to join the team. 

The team has been working hard this season and off-season. Many of the players have been doing stuff out of school, like joining clubs or going to lifts. These after-school activities make them build strength and endurance for game time. During the season they have practices from 6:30 to 7:45 in the morning and when they have games they don’t have practice in the morning. This creates a lot of benefits to the team. It also helps open up after-school activities or to do homework. The coaches pick exercises to do that are associated with things they are struggling with so they get better at them. The team has been practicing a lot to have a great season.

The team decided they needed some goals for this season. Some of their goals consist of beating teams they did not win last season such as Deerfield. If they win against them then they go up high in the leaderboard. Another goal is for at least one person from the team to go to state. This would bring a lot of representation to the sport. Their last but main goal is to win the overall conference.