Come one, come all to Israeli movie night!

On November 7, Hebrew Honor Society will be hosting their annual Israeli movie night.

The movie being shown this year is “The Other Son”. The movie is in three languages: English, Hebrew, and French.

“The Other Son” is about an Israeli boy and a Palestinian boy who were switched at birth because of a raid that hit the hospital. The film covers the journey the families go through to come together and make peace with each other.

This event is very important to Hebrew Honor Society. HHS’s goal is to increase the number of students taking Hebrew in the coming years.

“We have this event because the community really loves it,” Hillary Simon, HHS president, said. “It’s a great opportunity for students to hear about Hebrew Honor Society through something fun such as this event.”

For those of you who don’t know, HHS is an academic club connected to Hebrew. In order to be in HHS, you need to have taken (and passed) two semesters of Hebrew. The goal of Hebrew Honor Society is to promote the Hebrew language option at Niles North, even if you are a Niles West student.

The movie will be shown in the Niles North auditorium at 6:30 pm. The event is free for all ages. Doors open at 6:00 pm. for more information on the movie night, check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LVru2HxSYAE