Niles North vs. Whitney Young playoff preview

Congratulations to the Niles North Varsity Football team to making it to the playoffs. The first round of the Class 7A IHSA Football playoffs is our very own Niles North Football team (31st seed) against Whitney Young (2nd seed).

The Vikings will be playing  on October 30 at 7 p.m., however, the game will be held at Lane Tech High School located at 2501 W Addison St, Chicago, IL 60618.

For those who are unable to find a ride, there will be a fan bus departing Niles North at 5 p.m. You can pick up a permission form from the student activities office. All forms are due by Friday before school ends. Limited spots are available so make sure you get yours and turn it in before the deadline so your spot is secure and you’re able to go to the game to cheer on our boys.

The boys are more than excited to play their first game of the extended football season and hope to make it further than where they are.

“We feel confident about how far we’ve come this season, and we’re doing everything we can to be at our best for this game,” says Joey Ardelean, junior. “Hopefully we can make history at Niles North again. We just have to play as one unit and do our jobs, but I’m sure we’ll be alright.”

“We’ve been working on ways to stop their offense and for our offense to put points up,” follows teammate Dakarii Pruitt, junior. “Pretty much the same as every other week but we’ve just been more focused and we worked as hard as we could.”

The boys seem more than determined to snatch this win from under the wing of WYHS. Their determination and hardwork will definitely pay off tomorrow.

The last time Niles North had won a playoffs game was 1992. The team had gone 22 years without getting to the IHSA football postseason, until last year.

“I feel good going into this game. It’s our second consecutive year going to the playoffs and we play a great match up against Whitney Young,” says Myles Davis, freshman. “Our team just needs to focus, play with lots of intensity, and remember our assignments.”

All our best wishes are going out to the boys as they go out and crush it tomorrow night. Make sure to pack the stands at Lane Tech tomorrow and don’t forget to turn in your permission slips for the fan bus!!