Latino Club spices things up at ‘Latino Night’

This Friday, Oct. 16, Niles North’s very own Latino club will be proudly hosting their annual Latino Night from 6:30-8:30 pm in the cafeteria. Latino Night will consist of various activities in celebration of Hispanic Heritage month (Sept. 15-Oct.15), such as modern and traditional dances performed by the students of Latino club, singing performances, and followed by an opportunity for spectators to participate in open-floor dancing to different genres of Spanish music. Cultural food will be provided for spectators as well.

Latino Night provides an opportunity for the Hispanic community of Skokie to come together and show pride for their traditional roots in celebration. President of Latino Club, Coraima Zamora, is among the  many that are beyond thrilled to host Latino Night for the public.

“Latino Night is our community’s way of celebrating Hispanic Heritage month, and it will be as entertaining as every year has been- with numerous dancing and singing performances, as well as showcasing the popular, traditional food for everyone to taste,” Zamora said.

Over the years, Latino club has attracted many students to join and become a part of this cultural event. Members of the club have expressed nothing but joy and pride for this celebration.

“I feel that Latino Night is special in its own way because it gives people a taste of the Hispanic culture. It makes people aware of how unique our culture is compared to others, and exposes them to new experiences outside of the norm,” Vanesa Elias said.

Come join the Hispanic community in celebration of Hispanic Heritage month and learn more about the captivating customs and traditions of Latin America! Tickets can be purchased from all Spanish teachers or Latino club members for $5, or at the door for $6.

Don’t forget to salsa your way in!