Alumni Mitchell Ost competes for a million

Disney/ABC Home Entertainment and TV Distribution
A photo from the production of “Who Wants To Be A Millionaire” on July 8, 2015 in Stamford ,CT Photo: David E. Steele – Disney/ABC Home Entertainment and TV Distribution ©2015 Disney ABC. All Rights Reserved.

Niles North is well known for its talented students and this year Niles North alumni, Mitchell Ost will be competing in Who Wants to be a Millionaire? 

Who Wants to be a Millionaire is show about contestants who must answer all 15 questions correctly, and if they do they will win $1,000,000. The contestants will have three lifelines in order to help them out throughout their journey towards the $1,000,000. The game starts with easy multiple-choice questions that gradually get more challenging.

“I love watching Who Wants to be a Millionaire because the questions that the contestants answer are challenging and fun to guess on. It is also cool that one of our own Niles North alumni will be on it,” Sara Zengoska, senior, said.

Out of the many people who auditioned to be on WWTBAM, Ost was the lucky one to participate in the competition.

“I was really excited when I found out that I made it because I auditioned nine times and I finally made it. I wanted to be on Who Wants to be a Millionaire because I like trivia and I love watching it. I love the anticipation. I have also tried Jeopardy, but did not make it yet.” Mitchell Ost, alumni, said.

Mitchell Ost graduated from Niles North in 2005. In high school, Ost was heavily involved with theater and was the light man for many shows. He then went to pursue a major in theatre at Illinois State University. After graduating from ISU, Ost moved to New York City and began a career in master electrician on Broadway shows.

“I am so proud of my son and what he has accomplished. He worked very hard and he had a lot of fun in his journey and it’s a mission accomplished,” Harriet Ost, mother, said.

Ost will be be on air Sept. 30, 2015 at either 11 a.m. The second part of the show will be held on Oct. 9, 2015 at 11 p.m.