College fair coming to Niles West

College+fair+coming+to+Niles+West+

Bulk up your belts juniors – the college fair is coming to Niles West on Wednesday, April 8, 2015. The college fair is great opportunity for juniors to get a look at different colleges in and out of the state. Freshmen and sophomores can also attend to get an idea of colleges that are right for them. It will give them a good idea of what is expected in college and which college is the best fit for them. More than 250 schools are coming to the college fair and this is an event you do not want to miss.

“We encourage freshmen, sophomores, junior students, and their families to attend.  The college night is the largest in the state of Illinois for a high school sponsored college program.  Over 250 colleges (2 year colleges and 4 year colleges), trade and technical schools, as well as military recruiters will be in attendance.  Students who begin their college search early have an advantage over those who may start late with college visit programs, early admission opportunities, and information on scholarship deadlines. We recommend that students who plan to attend the college night go in with a “game plan”.  It can be overwhelming with so many colleges to just show up and have no sense of what colleges have to offer,” Jerry Pope, college recruiter, said.

“Students should take advantage of going online and using the Naviance through our high school and researching colleges they are interested in.  Ideally, students attending the college night will have a list of schools they want to meet with and ask questions of the representatives.  Make sure to pick up business cards as the representatives attending will be the ones responsible for recruiting students from Niles North and Niles West.  Also, in the next day or two, students will be receiving College Night booklets during their homerooms.  The booklets will list all the colleges in attendance with a short profile of each one.  We encourage students to talk with representatives of schools they may not be familiar with as well.  There are a lot of great colleges out there, and colleges from all across the nation want to recruit our students,” Pope added.

All students will find the college night to be beneficial as they begin their college search.  Students and their parents have a unique opportunity to connect with college representatives “one-on-one” and get insights into the schools that they are interested in, and of course, have any of their questions answered.

The event will start at 6:30 p.m. and last until 8:30 p.m. and will be held in the Niles West gym. Hope to see you there!