ABC7 Friday Flyover takes off

Circling back for a second flyover, the ABC7 helicopter will pass over the Chuck Pos Stadium to showcase Niles North students on Friday, August 29 at 5:30 a.m.

The whole Niles North family is certainly excited about ABC7 hovering over the new and improved school community. This is noteworthy because it is Niles North’s 50th anniversary and Niles North is the first school to be aired by ABC7 this year.

“The Friday Flyover is a great way to start off my retirement year and Niles North’s 50th anniversary makes it even better for myself to enjoy my last year here as your A.D,” Karl Costello, Niles North’s Athletic Director, said. Not only is he excited about the school being the first high school ABC7 chose to air, but he’s also excited to let them know how much the Niles North community has developed over the years.

“It has truly been an honor to be a part of a good community and what really matters are the memories and moments we collect, not things,” Costello added.

Principal Dr. Ryan McTague is really excited for the Friday Flyover. Not only is it the 50th anniversary, but McTague is also going to participate in the A.L.S. Ice Bucket Challenge.

“I’m excited about the ice bucket challenge not because everyone else is doing it, but because it’s for the good cause. It’s always good to know that we’re having fun with helping,” McTague said. He continued, “Being able to do it live on the news is a good way to let everyone know that Niles North isn’t just all about scoreboards, test scores, or state trophies. But, we’re also for the people who are in need of special attention. With that said, I accept the challenge and I will see you  live on ABC7 news,” McTague added.

If you want to be seen live on TV and see Dr. McTague get dunked, don’t miss the Friday Flyover on August 29, 2014 at 5:30 a.m. on the football field!