Bramley bids North farewell

On the first day of school, most teachers meet their new students for the first time and start learning names. This year, one teacher was doing the opposite– after eight years at Niles North, English teacher and Point coordinator Scott Bramley broke the news to his students and student-tutors that Aug. 21 would be his last day at North as he has accepted a position as English Department Chair at Evanston Township High School.

Bramley, who graduated from Loyola University with degrees in English and secondary education in 2003, has had a connection with Niles North since the start of his career. In the spring of 2003, Bramley did his student teaching under Niles North colleagues Jean Ordonez and Laura Wright. He officially began teaching at North in 2004 teaching basic English classes.

Four years after that, Bramley was asked to apply for the Point coordinator position. He did so and started as the coordinator of the Point in the 2008-2009 school year.

“I’m very proud of this place,” Bramley said of the Point. “I hope that my legacy will be that people felt I cared about my work and most importantly the students and that I did whatever I could to make an impact on their lives.”

Bramley’s student-tutors certainly think that Bramley made that legacy a reality.

“Bramley has been such a major part of the Point,” junior Noah Zeidman said. “The Point definitely won’t be the same without him.”

Senior Rima Parikh agrees. “He had such a strong presence in the Point. He made it a priority to get to know everybody and he created such a friendly environment.”

“I have found him to be one of the most dedicated and caring staff members at Niles North,” junior Alina Gofman said.

For now, Bramley doesn’t know who will take over his position as coordinator of the Point. One thing he does know for sure, though, is that the current student-tutors will carry on the philosophy of the Point and helping their peers.