Boys Volleyball spike down the Wolves for the second consecutive year

Photo credited to: NN Viking Media on Youtube

On Wednesday, April 10, the Niles North Vikings Boys Volleyball team handled the Niles West Wolves with a convincing 2-0 victory.

The Vikings, who triumphed over the Wolves in the Crosstown Classic last year, repeated the feat with back-to-back sets to secure their second conference victory in the 2023/2024 season. The Vikings swept the Wolves with a 25-15 victory in the first set and finished the job with a 25-20 victory in the second set.

Seniors Tom James, Alex Ford, and Laydon Biro led the Vikings to their 12th win on the season, and their second conference victory. The team prides themselves on their work ethic and determination.

“We always play until the last point,” senior varsity player Tom James said. “Even if you’re gonna be late to the block, we still go up because who knows; you might still get a touch”.

The Vikings, who have been extremely successful in years past, are looking to win their conference this year after barely falling short last year to Vernon Hills. They’re also looking to make a deep playoff run, as they consider themselves one of the best teams in the state.

The Vikings’ next game will be on Friday, April 12 at 6 pm against Jones College Prep. The team hopes their peers will come out and support the squad.