The “Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon” was spectacular

Niles North Theatre
Actors in Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon

The Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon was nothing short of spectacular. The actors interacted with the audience, and this made the show all the more engaging and enjoyable. There were times when the audience was spoken to directly, or when actors held signs, cueing us to speak. What was truly special about this show was the element of being an active audience member, rather than sitting back and watching in silence.

The play was entertaining due to it being crammed with different types of humor, most of which was caught by the audience. The cast threw out some advanced humor, or references, which got a lot of genuine laughs from the audience. It felt better laughing at the jokes knowing what they meant or what they were referring to, and the team did a really good job at creating moments that everyone could enjoy. 

Actors having fun in Brothers Grimm Spectaculathon (Niles North Theatre)

Another dazzling element was the acting itself. Each actor fully embraced their role and had fun with it. Additionally, there was great chemistry between the actors. The ensemble was comfortable with each other. They had fun together. It was almost as if you were experiencing a couple of friends hanging out, having fun, and going on silly adventures, but with a fairytale twist. 

Overall, the play was really well done, the characters were perfectly cast, and a lot of passion was put into the performance. When paying close attention to some of the cast members in the background of a scene, they could be caught idling, still in character, and those little moments made the show an even more pleasant experience. It was clear the rest of the audience also enjoyed the show as loud cheers, laughter, and a round of applause filled the room. It’s highly recommended to go see one of Niles North’s plays if you get the chance, they always do a spectacular job and you’re likely to catch yourself smiling as you leave the building.