Soccer fans predict the Champions League tournament outcomes

Champions league. Semi-finals
Twitter
Champions league. Semi-finals

The Champions League is a tournament involving all the top soccer teams in Europe. 

The knockout tournaments started in Feb and go through May. Many teams have been disqualified. Currently, the semi-finals are happening. On April 30, the Real Madrid team will play against the German team Bayern Munchen. On May 1 German team Borussia Dortmund will play the French team PSG.

Based on much research through gameplay and the status of players, Real Madrid is predicted to win the Champions League. Real Madrid have won the most games compared to the other teams. They are in favor of winning. They have the highest amount of wins. Madrid has won 88 Laliga games. Real has a 13 percent chance of winning the game. PSG has an 8 percent chance of winning, but it could have gone up since Atletico Madrid lost. 

Many believe the Champions League is rigged for other teams to get knocked out and they lost unfairly. One example is Barcelona fans going through controversial thoughts because of the choice of the referees in the Barcelona and PSG games. 

A lot of Barcelona fans are enraged because of the PSG game. The score was 4-1 with Barcelona at one. Two of the Barca players received a red card, Xavi Henandez and Ronald Arujo, both of these players were given a red card before halftime. At the beginning of the game, Barcelona had a lot of possession but when both players were taken out PSG gained possession. The refs gave unfair red cards to the players. For Araujo, he was given a straight red card as the ref deemed Araujo denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Hernadez received a yellow card at first but after complaining about the foul on Robert Lewandowski the refs decided to give him a straight red card. 

Many people at the school have bias who will win the game, a choice between skills and gameplay.

Real Madrid will win the Champions League because they have a strong defense and the overall quality of the team is good.

— Nina Webster, freshman

“Real Madrid will win the Champions League because they have a strong defense and the overall quality of the team is good,” freshman soccer fan Nina Webster said. Webster believes that the overall team has a better chance because of their ability to play together. 

“Real Madrid has impressive gameplay,” freshman Nejra Sehovic said.

“They’re just better,” freshman Raphael Mangubat said, agreeing. 

Most people believe in Real Madrid winning since they have an overall better chance because of their status. The players are skillful, know how to play exquisitely, and have a great manager.

There was no explanation as to why they will win but they have a good chance since Atletico Madrid lost meaning there is a chance for them to win. It is not far sure but if they play strong there is some possibility. 

The final should be very interesting since all the teams have a lot of talent and skill. The semi-final games should be a very adrenaline rush.