Spring-clean up your life this spring break

Penelope Roewe
It’s important to rest during Spring Break to prepare for the end of the year.

Spring Break is the final break before a busy school year ends. With finals and AP tests, stress runs high among students. Students can utilize their spring break to reduce future stress in just a few steps. 

Get organized.

Spring Break is the perfect time to do all the spring cleaning you’ve been holding off. Rooms accumulate clutter during the busy school year, with little time to fix things up. Organize your papers for the end of the year. 

Start studying for AP exams and finals

Although break is a great time to relax, schedule some time for preparing for the end of the year. Studying for AP exams is not something that you want to hold off on until the last minute. Even if it’s just 20 minutes per subject, start at unit one and see how far you can get. These habits are best to start when you don’t have as much homework and have plenty of time. 

Do a digital cleanse

This is a great time to start new habits, especially ones that will benefit you during the end of the year. Taking some time away from your phone can improve focus and leave more time utilize your break more effectively.

Get outside your house

Go somewhere you’ve been wanting to visit for a while. Museums, parks, and movie theatres are great options just to get out of the house. 

Journal a bit

What are your goals for the end of the year? Write them down and stick to them. Goal-setting is productive and helps with motivation. This can be especially helpful when stress is high and you need to prioritize. 

And finally, take time to relax

It’s called Spring Break for a reason. This is the calm before the storm. Use this week wisely, don’t just sit around on your phone all day. Read the books and watch the movies you’ve been saving up for free time. Spend time with your family. Go outside. Take time and relax, you’ve earned it.

View Comments (1)