Buffalo Wild Wings opened at Old Orchard

Back to Article
Back to Article

Mandy Aragon

Over the weekend I went to Buffalo Wild Wings (BWW) at the Westfield Old Orchard mall with one of my friends to check out the place that I’ve been waiting to go to for the past 3 months. The only expectation I had was that the food was good and the servers were friendly. I was supposed to meet my friend around 12:30 but I got there early and asked for a table for two. The woman working at the front had me seated right away.

I’m a sport lover. I love watching almost any type of sport, so I wasn’t too worried about where I was sitting because there were TVs everywhere with tons of different games on them.

While I waited, my server came, introduced herself to me, and asked if she could get me anything to drink while I waited for my friend to come. I just got water and she came back a few minutes later with it. I ordered fries while I waited for my friend to come. They came pretty fast, which was nice because I had missed breakfast on Saturday and I was starving. My friend arrived shortly after I got my fries and I waved her over to the table. She hadn’t been to any BWW before so I was excited for her to try it. I personally love the wings and fries from there.

When my friend joined me our server came back and took our order. We ordered mozzarella sticks and wings. The food got there pretty fast. I knew one of the workers there, and he gave us a free fry, saying they made an extra.

My friend and I both thought the mozzarella sticks were amazing. I ordered the traditional wings as I always do and they were delicious. My friend got the boneless, and she enjoyed them, too.

The service was overall pretty good. At the beginning, I liked how the server would come every so often to ask how we were and then ask if we needed anything else. However, towards the end of the meal the server checked in on us a little too often. Then, when my friend asked for a box, she took the check, but never brought back the box. Eventually, my friend had to ask a different server to bring her a box. She did that right away and even gave her a bag to carry it. We also had an issue with paying. That was one thing I really didn’t like. I had a coupon and a gift card, the server said I couldn’t use both. She said you couldn’t combine coupons, but I was only using one coupon. A gift card isn’t a coupon, it’s just like money. That bothered me a lot. Other than that at the end, I had a great time at BWW and I’m definitely going back.