Largest college fair in the area comes to Niles West

Niles West will be hosting the annual District 219 college fair from 6:30 p.m. until 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 9. The college fair, which is the largest in the area, will have over 260 diverse colleges, universities, technical schools and military programs from all over the country in attendance.

At the college night, high school students and their parents will be able to investigate future educational possibilities and discuss topics such as entrance requirements, special programs, admissions procedures and course offerings directly with a representative from each prospective school.

Allegra Giulietti-Schmitt, college and career counselor, recommends making a label with all of your information on it so that you don’t have to write it all down after speaking with each college. Items to include on the label are your full name, date of birth, address, phone number, e-mail address, high school, year of high school graduation, unweighted and weighted GPA, ACT score (if you have one), potential major/area of study and extracurricular involvement.

For a list of colleges that will be participating in the 2014 college fair, click here. To read a short description of each of these colleges, click here.