Addition successes for math team

The Niles North math team has been very successful this year.  In late February, the students competed in the regional math team competition.  The results were finalized last week.  Freshman Jiedong Duan earned a perfect score, and freshman Cameron Benesch only missed one question on their respective algebra one papers, qualifying them for state.  The algebra one competition is open to freshmen or students enrolled in algebra one.  Students taking the algebra one test have 50 minutes to answer 20 questions worth two points each.

“Both performed unbelievably well and we are so proud of their achievements thus far,” junior team and oralist coach Ankur Joshi said.

Last night the team had their last meet of the year, hosted by Evanston High School.  The team competed against the North Shore schools.  At the meet, the team placed as following:

Freshmen, sophomore and junior teams placed first overall, the seniors placed second overall, the oralists placed first overall and the team took first place in the Cook County division.  The team was also recognized as the most improved team, moving up 21 rankings from last year.

“Regardless of our success within each meet, the students’ main goal is to have fun and have a new experience. We are having both, and the coaches are truly proud of each and every member this year,” Joshi said.

The team is also coached by Katherine France (freshmen), Sean Delahanty (sophomore), Conrad Musleh (senior) and Bonnie Weiberg (administration).

Great job math team and good luck to Jiedong and Cameron at state!