Ashley Mancera, Sophomore

Jose Mancera
Ashley Mancera, sophomore

What is your name and grade level? Ashley Mancera, sophomore.

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I am involved in varsity soccer and the Animal Club. 

Who is your favorite/inspirational coach you’ve ever had? My most inspirational coach that I’ve ever had is my club coach, Micheal. He is a great coach because he is incredibly disciplined and has helped me improve as a player and person. 

What do you think is the most important position on the pitch? I think the most important position on the field is midfield, because they control both sides of the game, offensive and defensive. Also, if you have a weak midfield it is hard to dominate on the field. 

What is your favorite place you’ve ever traveled, and why? My favorite place I’ve ever traveled to is Spain because it’s so different from other places I’ve been. I loved the people I met, and the food was great. 

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live, and why? I think I would live anywhere that has a lot of nature because I love going on hikes, but specifically, maybe Hawaii because it looks very nice. 

Who is someone that inspires you? I think that someone who inspires me is my mom, because she has been through so much but has managed to stay strong. She also always pushes me to be my best self. 

What is one of your unpopular opinions? One of my unpopular opinions is that mint chocolate ice cream is one of the best flavors of ice cream, which a lot of people might disagree with. 

What is something on your bucket list for this summer? Something on my bucket list for this summer is to go on a morning jog near Lakeshore Drive. 

If you could have any superpower, what would it be? If I could have any superpower, I would choose teleportation so I could get everywhere on time. 

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why? One food I could eat for the rest of my life is watermelon because it’s my favorite fruit and you can eat it in many different forms. 

What is one of your goals for the near future? One of my goals is to be successful as a student and as a person. 

What is your order at the gas station? My order from the gas station is sunflower seeds and coffee. I love both of them a lot. 

If you could give advice to a freshman, what would it be? My advice to a freshman is to try your best to not get too hung up on bad grades but instead focus on improving the next time. 

What’s your favorite pastime? My favorite pastime is probably watching my favorite shows.