Sameer Quadri, Sophomore

Photo courtesy to Sameer Quadri

What’s your name and grade? Sameer Quadri, I’m a sophomore.

What’s your favorite thing about Niles North? Probably the Niles North basketball team.

What’s your favorite sport and how did you start playing it? Definitely basketball. I started playing when I was a little kid with my brothers and I guess I just kept practicing and playing only my school’s teams.

Why do you like playing on the basketball team? I love the sense of community and the feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself. It’s about winning and you have to love the process of winning, which includes taking those losses in stride because eventually it’ll work out.

Do you think you work well with others? Why or why not? Yes, I’m a super good communicator when I work with others, unless you’re Oliver in AP Government. 

What was a notable time when you had to work with others for an academic project? I worked with one of my classmates to interview Bill Ayers on the protest and trial of the Chicago Seven.

What was the last concert you went to, and how was it? I’ve never been to one, but I would really like to see Jermaine Lamarr Cole.

When you were little, what was your dream job? I really wanted to be an engineer; I liked playing with little gizmos and gadgets and stuff, type jawn. 

What does a perfect day for you look like? It would start with; a good solid workout in the morning, normal school day, after school lifts and then I could come home to my family.

What’s something upcoming that you’re excited about? Starting the basketball off-season.

What’s your favorite food? Easily clementines. 

What three things would you take with you if you were stuck on a deserted island?  I would take my Nintendo Switch with “Stardew Valley”, probably a lot of water, and a really really big house.