Lexi Gabriel, Sophomore

Lexi Gabriel

What is your name and grade? Lexi Gabriel and I’m a sophomore.

What clubs do you participate in at Niles North? I’m in LatinX Club and Xicana College Bowl.

What is the Xicana college bowl? A group of Latin students and we learn about Latin America, history, and we compete in a competition. We also a an opportunity to win a scholarship for college.

What is your favorite thing to do outside of school? I like to hang out with my friends, go out, and do new/fun things.

What’s one thing you can’t live without? Why? I can’t live without my loved ones. I just wouldn’t be here without them. My loved ones are my motivations, they are the reason I do everything I love to do.

If you could have any superpower what would it be? I would be able to teleport. Because then I could be able to go to Puerto Rico

Where is your dream vacation destination? Italy, because of the food, the scenery, and so I can feel boujee. I would also buy so much jewelry.

Who is someone that inspires you? Why? Someone who inspires me is my Spanish teacher, I love her so much. I want to be her, everything that she’s done and all the knowledge she has is amazing. Also, her as a person is amazing; I can talk to her about anything and everything.

If money was no object, what would you buy? I would buy an acre of land and go to a shelter and adopt a bunch of dogs. I would then build them a house and give them the best life possible.

What’s been your favorite memory from sophomore year so far? Probably when I went on a field trip with the Xicana College Bowl, we went to a Pachanga and it was so much fun.