Andrew Tang, Sophmore

Photo credited to Andrew Tang

What is your name and grade? Andrew Tang, Sophomore. 

What’s your greatest academic strength? Math, and being able to focus on the material at hand and just sort of understand it pretty quickly. Being a fast learner. 

What’s your favorite class this year? Currently, chemistry but not because of the subject; I hate the subject. So definitely because of the class, I love my classmates and one of my favorite teachers teaches it. 

What’s an academic accomplishment that you’re proud of? I don’t have a lot but I’m proud of taking my first AP class this year and doing well in it by working hard and trying my best. 

If you could be any fictional character who would you be and why? Spider-Man because I just think he’s awesome sauce. Or Batman because he’s rich but also super strong, so why wouldn’t you want to be Batman? 

What’s your favorite joke? Why did the chicken cross the road? To get to the other side. That was a bad one, but oh well. I don’t really know a lot of jokes, so you know, beggars can’t be choosers, am I right? 

What’s one thing you wish you could learn overnight? Everything. But I also wish I could learn just how to be smart. Like, smart in all my subjects; so, like smart in AP Gov, smart in chemistry, smart in English, just smart in everything. 

If you could go back in time and visit somewhere, where would it be and why? Probably whenever the dinosaurs were alive. I don’t know where so probably wherever the wind takes me location-wise. I think this is because I just really like dinosaurs and I would want to see them even if I die, and I think it would be honorable to die by dinosaurs. 

What’s the craziest event you’ve ever experienced? I guess the craziest thing I’ve experienced is my friend Lucah. Oh, but I was in a car crash, so probably the car crash I was in with my sister earlier this year. That was pretty traumatic. I guess my sister was driving, and then she hit a tree and then I yelled at her but it was all okay.

What’s your go-to karaoke song? Definitely “Love” by Keyshia Cole (Andrew then sings the song).

What’s your favorite family tradition? Every so often, me and my family go to Wisconsin with my cousins. We went there over winter vacation recently and it was great. It’s usually not for a lot of time but, whenever I do, I have a blast. We build forts and watch a bunch of movies, there’s an arcade as well. 

What’s your greatest irrational fear? Definitely spiders because sometimes I just squish them but I’m still scared of them, even after I squish them. Probably height and enclosed spaces as well but I don’t think those are irrational.