Sarah Stucky, Social Studies Teacher

photo credited to Sarah Stucky

What is your name and the department you work in? Sarah Stucky, (Social Studies department).

How long have you worked at Niles North? 18 years, but was student-taught at Niles North. 

What are some of your favorite hobbies? Knitting, I can make socks, hats, sweaters, and blankets. The stuff I make she goes to my kid’s soccer, hockey, and tennis games to keep me warm. 

What do you plan to do after you finish your job at Niles North?

I want to be a Della Boat Tour Lady, so in the summer, I can go on the cruise that goes up and down the Chicago River. On the boat tour, I also want to point out the history of Chicago to the people, which sounds fun. I also want to be a museum tour guide, expressly in the art institute. I used to take my kids there and found the docent very knowledgeable.

If you were to visit one place in the world where would that be?

I wanted to visit Mongolia or Jordan because there were these two kids that asked her the question “Mongolia or Jordan” and I responded in Mongolia because I like Genghis Khan. I also want to go to Jordan because of the church carved on the cliff. 

What is one of your favorite childhood movies?

I was raised through James Bond movies, Star Wars, and submarine films.

Who is your favorite celebrity?

Janet Yellen because she is a female economist who is head of the Federal Reserve. She is now a secretary of the treasury department and she is ridiculously smart. 

What age would you want to go back and relive?

I don’t want to go back to any age because each age has its challenges and rewards. 

What is the best advice you have received? 

My grandfather would always say, “Goodbye, I love you, keep your nose clean”. I thought it was to bring a Kleenex with her but it means no matter where you go there will always be someone that knows you or your family, so you have to keep your nose clean.

What are a few things on your bucket list?

Travel more, go to Mars, and finish the semester with a smile on my face. 

What is the weirdest food combo you enjoy?

I like to try different toppings on anything like ice cream, pizza, and salads.