Grace Michaels, Senior

What is your name and grade? My name is Grace Michaels and I am a senior at Niles North.

What are some for your hobbies? I like to bake, watch movies and hang out with friends. I like to bake brownies from scratch. I like to watch movies and I am looking forward to watching the movie “Strangers” this weekend with my friends at the theaters.

Do you work anywhere? I currently work at TJ Maxx as a women’s apparel and associate.
What are your strengths? Some of my strengths are commitment. When it comes to me wanting something, I will work hard for it and I am resilient. I did not let senioritis get the best of me this semester and I got good grades. I am also open minded. I never judge people for their actions or when someone is being honest.
Who is the most influential person in your life? The most influential person in my life is my mother. Watching her balance parenting and working inspires me to push myself and work hard in school. If it wasn’t for my mother, I wouldn’t be [the] persevering person I am today.
What do you value most?  What I value the most is life and nature because it makes me feel alive and motivated. I love going on walks and hiking, especially in the summer.
How do you balance school and social life? I balance school and social life pretty easily because my friends also are in school. I work hard during the week and push the fun to the weekend. I like to go out on dinners and shopping with my friends on the weekends.
If you could have a superpower, what would it be? I would love to fly.
Where are you going to college and why?
I want to start at Oakton College, get my associates, then transfer to ISU or UIUC. I think this is the best decision for me financially, and I can build my GPA so that I get more scholarships as well as more acceptances.
What field of study do you want to go into? I want to go into psychology and eventually become a psychologist. I know it will take me time, but I am passionate on the topic of learning.