Keani Martinez, Sophomore

Keani+Martinez
Lolah Slagg
Keani Martinez

What is your name and grade level? Keani Martinez, Sophomore

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I’m involved in girls varsity soccer.

What is your favorite thing about playing soccer? I would probably say my favorite thing about playing soccer is being able to play with my friends and have a good time. 

What is your funniest memory while playing soccer? Definitely when a senior from last year, Ana Planinić, almost got into a fight with her girl because the girl elbowed her in the face.

What is something you are proud of yourself for? I am proud of the level of soccer I currently play at. 

Who is someone you look up to? I look up to Sam Kerr, a soccer player on the national Australian team, because I admire her style of play.

What is your biggest pet peeve while playing soccer? My biggest pet peeve is when my shin guards move around and get messed up,so I have to keep on adjusting them.

If you could eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be, and why? Definitely Panera mac and cheese because it’s very rich and it’s a comfort food for me.

Where is your favorite place you’ve ever traveled to? My favorite place is Buenos Aires, Argentina, because it’s really nice and scenic there.

What is your unpopular opinion? I think it’s really weird when people wear their socks super high while playing soccer. 

If you could only leave the house with one thing, what would it be, and why? I will never leave the house without pants because that would be weird. 

What do you think is a fashion ¨don’t¨? I hate ankle socks because I don’t want to see people’s ankles, and they make your legs look naked. 

What song do you think represents your personality? Kerosene by McClenny and St. Panther because it has a really chill vibe and I like the lyrics.