Daniel Sticlaru, Senior

Photo credits to Daniel Sticlaru

What is your name and grade level? My name is Daniel Sticlaru, and I am a Senior.

What are some things you like to do outside of school? I’ve always been a big soccer fan, so I like to watch and play soccer. I’ve made a lot of friends in the sport and accomplished many achievements during this past varsity season. Besides soccer, I enjoy spending time with my family and friends whenever I can.

Who is your favorite soccer player and team? I have to say my favorite soccer player is the best soccer player in the world, Lionel Messi. He just does unbelievable things in game and I try to replicate his magic whenever I step on the field myself. My favorite soccer team is Barcelona because their community is really strong and I’ve been supporting them ever since I was a little kid. Their jerseys are always fire as well. 

If you could have any profession and do it right now, what would it be? I would be a professional soccer player. I can’t imagine how cool it would be to have thousands of fans watching me play and them wearing my name on their back. Also, soccer players make a lot of money so that would be nice to have of course.

Would you rather live a week 10 years in the past or a week 10 years in the future? Personally, I would rather live a week 10 years in the future. Our world has changed a lot in the past 10 years so I’d like to see how much it will change in the next decade.

Who is your biggest inspiration when it comes to school or soccer? My brother Anthony Sticlaru would be my biggest inspiration. He was pretty good when it came to academics and was even a Point tutor. Also, he was on the varsity soccer team for 3 years, captaining the team his senior year. He is a great brother and helps me out a lot. 

What are your plans after graduation? I plan on attending DePaul University to pursue a degree in business. I’ve been interested in business since freshman year and would like to make a career out of it. 

What is something you are most proud of? Winning the conference crossover championship against the second-ranked team in the state this year with my soccer team was an unforgettable moment. Also, winning the regional championship last season where I played in my first regional championship game as a first-year varsity player was memorable.

What is your favorite food and why? My favorite food is definitely pasta. I just like the variety of options you can have. It’s also a food I have a lot at home so it’s just naturally grown into my favorite food.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be? I would like to live in the Bahamas because of its beautiful beaches and landscape. Whenever me and my family go on vacation, we always try to go during the summer so we can visit the local beach. It is my favorite place to relax during nice weather.

What’s your biggest accomplishment? Overcoming my fear of retearing my ACL.