Maya Garcia, Senior

Choko Rivera
Maya Garcia and Andrew Park

What is your name and grade level? Maya Garica, Senior.

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I am mainly involved in girls soccer, and I’m also a part of DECA, LatinX Club, and LANZA.

What is your favorite memory from the past soccer seasons? It has to be my JV season beating Niles West; everyone was so happy, and it felt amazing.

Who is your favorite character from any TV show or movie, and why? Probably any of the Disney princesses because they are so helpful and I love watching them.

What is your dream job, and why? My dream job is to be a financial manager for a company because I like the business aspect of it and I enjoy doing math.

What is your favorite thing you did over the summer? Definitely getting to be a lifeguard because I got the chance to help people out everyday. I loved getting to be outside and in the sun everyday.

What is your favorite place you’ve ever traveled? My favorite place I’ve ever traveled to is Puerto Rico because I liked the food a lot and the people were super nice.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Probably pizza because you can switch up the toppings and it’s really good.

What is a topic you could talk about for hours? Definitely, the different aspects of the college experience.

What is something you could never leave the house without? For sure, my phone.

What is your spirit animal, and why? My spirit animal is a butterfly because they are small and get to fly around all day.

If you could give advice to your past self, what would you say? I would tell her to be prepared because life hits you fast once you reach your senior year, so just be ready and try to enjoy it.

Where do you see yourself in four years? I see myself finishing my bachelors degree at a 4-year university.