Amy Huynh, Senior

Amy+Huynh
Yasmine Valencia
Amy Huynh

What is your name and grade level? Amy Huynh, Senior

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I am president of National Honors Society, captain of the Auroris dance team, an executive at YND, a part of DECA, where I went to state and nationals, and I’m also a part of the Mental Health Club.

What is your favorite thing about being a part of Auroris? My favorite thing about being a part of Auroris is the connections I get to make with dancers. We all come together for a shared interest in dance, but we bond over other things and get really close, like a family.

How did you begin dancing? I feel like I’ve always had a natural affinity for dancing. I started dancing when I was really young, and I was self taught until about my freshman year.

What is your favorite job you’ve ever had? Last summer, I had a business internship at the Chamber of Commerce, which was a non-profit organization, where I got to talk to business professionals and create flyers for them. As a marketing, administrative, and event intern I got to work in the office alongside them.

What is your dream job? My dream job would probably be an executive at a corporate job or a CEO. My goal is to make it big in the business industry.

Where is somewhere you dream about traveling to? Definitely Japan.

What is one of your pet peeves at home? Probably when I’m busy doing something and my parents yell at me to do something else, knowing I’m already busy.

What is your favorite movie or TV show, and why? My favorite TV show is definitely the Vampire Diaries because I love the plot and it’s one of those shows I can always go back to.

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Probably pasta because you can mix it with many things, and it’s just really good overall.

Who is someone in your life who inspires you? Someone in my life who inspires me is my cousin; she’s a doctor, and she is incredibly hardworking.

If one color could represent your personality, what would it be and why? I think white represents my personality because I really like things clean and neat, and I feel like it could also represent a fresh start.

What is one piece of advice you would give to a freshman? One piece of advice I would give to a freshman is to get involved in as much as you possibly can because you never know what you’ll end up liking. And also make sure you’re able to balance what you have going on in your life.