Giselle Slagg, Senior

Photo credits to Alex Slagg

What is your name and grade level? Giselle Slagg, senior

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I’m involved in sports like gymnastics, soccer, and cross country. I’m also in a few clubs, like Black Student Union, Climate Change Club, and Mock Trial.

What is your favorite class you’ve taken during your high school experience? My favorite class I’ve taken is AP U.S. history with Mr. Sharma because I enjoy learning about history and Mr. Sharma was a great teacher. 

What is your pet peeve when playing soccer? When I make dumb mistakes during practices and games. 

Who is someone in your life who inspires you? Probably my dad because he is a really good dad overall and is always there for me when I need advice and help with things. 

What is your favorite place you have ever traveled to? Definitely Ireland because  there were a lot of cool views we got to see and I enjoyed spending time with my family.

Do you have any pets at home? Yes, I have one dog named Evie who I love because she is really fun to play with. 

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why?

I would probably eat macaroni and cheese because it’s easy to make and it tastes pretty good. 

What is something you are excited about in the near future? I am excited about homecoming this Saturday because I get to hang out with my friends and have a good time. 

What do you enjoy spending money on? Starbucks because I love the strawberry açaí drink there because it’s really fruity and cold on a hot day. Over the summer, I got it almost every day!

What do you think of the new renovations done at school? I like the new renovations a lot because I think they made the school look way nicer and it’s a relaxed place to do homework and hang out. 

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? I would choose invisibility because I think it’s the coolest superpower, and it would be nice to not be seen by people if you wanted to eavesdrop on them.