Sam Deebom, Sophomore

Sam Deebom
Sophomore Sam Deebom

What is your name and grade level? My name is Sam Deebom, I’m a sophomore.

What are some things you do outside of school? I spend most of my days doing homework and playing soccer.

What’s your favorite thing about playing soccer? Just the immense joy it brings to me. Playing games, practicing, meeting new friends, and winning makes soccer worth playing

What is your hype song? My hype song definitely has to be Faneto by Chief Keef.

What inspires you? Watching professional soccer players play. I pick up on things that they do, and the way that they play and it really inspires me to become the best at soccer.

You’re stranded on a deserted island and can only bring 3 things with you, what are they? I’d bring sunscreen to protect me from the sun, a soccer ball, and a fishing net to catch and eat fish.

What’s your greatest memory from freshman year? I loved track season because of the memories I made with my teammates. The former seniors were all such cool people who taught me how to properly run. They made those huge Track events worthwhile, and really pushed me to be a better athlete.

What’s one thing you’re looking forward to this year? I’m looking forward to the Track season.

What’s your biggest pet peeve? When people interrupt me when I’m talking. I just find it really disrespectful.

What advice would you give to freshmen this year? Don’t fall behind with your grades. Freshman year is probably one of the most important years of your high school career and paves a path for the rest of your time in high school. But also make sure to have fun and enjoy it.