Camila Pulex, Senior

Camila+Pulex%2C+Senior+
Photo Credit: Camila Pulex
Camila Pulex, Senior

What is your name and grade level? Camila Pulex, senior. 

What activities are you involved in at Niles North? I’m involved in Animal Club as the vice president, Dance Marathon as an executive board member, Climate Change Club, and Girls Soccer. 

Do you have any pets at home? I have two dogs named Mimi and Nova, and I also have a pet fish named Bean. 

What was your favorite thing you did this summer? Over the summer, I went to Australia to study wildlife conservation, and it was really fun!

What are your thoughts on the new renovations done at school? I really like the new spaces, and I think it is a nice place for people to go and study or just take a break. I also enjoy how it’s usually pretty quiet. 

Who is someone that inspires you? My friend Louise Blades is definitely someone who inspires me because she is an awesome and super genuine friend, and I would love to be like her as a friend and as a person. 

What is the one piece of advice you would give a freshman? Definitely get involved in activities as soon as possible. Not only should you get involved, but you should also try to create a pattern in the clubs or activities you join. For example, I’m really passionate about volunteering at animal shelters outside of school, so I joined the Animal Club. 

If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be and why? Cereal because there is a huge variety of it and I really like it. I usually eat it three times a day. 

What is your favorite TV show or movie and why? I don’t watch a lot of TV in general, but if I had to choose, it would probably be “10 Things I Hate About You” because it has a bit of romance and it’s really cute.

What is your biggest pet peeve? My biggest pet peeve is when people chew with their mouths open to try to be funny. 

If you could have any superpower, what would it be and why? Definitely teleportation. I learned when I went to Australia that I really hate plane rides in general, whether they are short or long. 

What color do you think represents your personality? I think all of the colors represent me because I don’t think my personality is linear and I could associate it with a lot of colors.