Elyan Jamal, Sophmore

Photo+credited+to+Elyan+Jamal+
Photo credited to Elyan Jamal

What’s your name and grade level? My name is Elyan Jamal and I’m a sophomore 

What sports do you play? My main sport is soccer. I play for a soccer club called FC Lakeshore and currently on the varsity soccer team.

How long have you been playing soccer? I’ve been playing soccer since I was 5 years old, so roughly for 10 years.

Who’s your favorite soccer player and why? Definitely has to be Cristiano Ronald0, because for the longest time I’ve admired the way he plays the sport, his work ethic, and his confidence on the soccer pitch.

What’s your favorite memory from freshman year? Homecoming was one of the most memorable moments I had freshman year. It was so fun to hang out with my friends in such a nice, friendly environment like the one we had that day.

What’s your biggest fear? I’ve had a fear of heights ever since I was a kid. I went on my first plane ride when I was 6 years old, when the plane started to ascend into the air, my heart dropped. I’ve been scared of all kinds of heights ever since.

If you can meet anyone in the world, dead or alive, who would it be? Probably Cristiano Ronaldo, because he’s been my inspiration ever since I was a kid. I’m a big fan, as you can tell.

What’s your proudest accomplishment? Making the varsity team for soccer as a sophomore. It’s been a goal of mine since freshman year to be a part of the varsity squad and it took a lot of hard work and dedication to the sport to secure a spot.

If you could buy anything in the world, what would it be? A huge, expensive mansion. Specifically a one with a pool in it because I love to swim.

If you could travel back in time to any time period, where would you go? I’d go back to Ancient Rome so I could watch a gladiator fight in person.