If you can dream it, you can stream it

To all you sports fans out there who may have missed a few Viking victories in the past, never fear!  Thanks to Athletic director Karl Costello and his team, games can be streamed live through the use of High School Cube, a new program adopted by the department last August.

“Our goal is to broadcast at least on competition for every single sport,” Costello said.  “We hope to do that as we become even more familiar with the technology.”

After working alongside Robert Henderson, cable TV producer at NNHS, the athletic director described the program as simple and easy to use. “We love that we could learn the program and then teach it to the students in our media journalism course.”

“The ability to live stream videos gives our students the true experience of thinking on their feet and teaches them the importance of preparing before the broadcast,” Costello said.

Since last fall, Niles North has filmed over 40 events, not to mention 175 highlights and clips from a variety of games and competitions.  The goal for this year is to film another 40 events in order to keep students, fans and athletes constantly updated.

Make sure to check out the North vs. West football game on High School Cube if you couldn’t make it on Saturday!  Click the link below to view the site (no membership needed!).

Go Vikings!

http://www.highschoolcube.com/schools/niles-north-high-school-skokie-illinois