5 Spots to go during off-campus lunch

Courtesy to Ellis Ma

Chick-fil-A

Chick-fil-A is a favorable choice when going off campus, as many students have been spotted with their drink cup or to-go bag in class. It’s a really good option because they open early, at 6:30 AM, and the food is really good quality. Although it’s too far to walk, if you drive there, it only takes a few minutes and leaves plenty of time to dine-in or take back to the school. You can also order ahead of time, on the mobile app, and park your car outside the restaurant where a worker will bring your food to you. 

Starbucks

Starbucks is a popular spot to go during off campus because of its close proximity to the school. What’s great about Starbucks is that you don’t need a car to get there. It’s a brisk walk, leaving enough time to sit down inside and enjoy your food, or take it back to the school. They’re open during all lunch periods, and offer breakfast/brunch items, alongside what most people go there for, which is the drinks. Again, you can order ahead with their mobile app for a quick pick up, leaving the remainder of the period up to you. However a little pricey, after working hard in school, a sweet treat is well deserved. 

Shake Shack

Shake Shack is also great because again, you don’t need a car to get there. Unfortunately, they open at 10:30 AM, which is after 3rd period. They offer vegetarian options and, of course, their classic burgers. The quality of the food is worth the cost, and even if you don’t choose to order from Shake Shack, they have a nice outdoor seating area which is a nice place to chill when the weather is nice. 

Dunkin Donuts

Dunkin is a nice option if you’re looking to get away from school for a bit, as it’s a little further away. They have a wider variety of options, all fairly priced and student budget friendly. A highly recommended spot to go when the weather is at its best, as they have refreshing treats such as coffees, refreshers, and ice cream. After ordering, you’ll have just enough time to make it back to school on time, with a few minutes to spare, where you can enjoy your food. 

Panera

Panera is a decent pick if you’re not sure where to go. They’re located right behind the mall which means a quick drive, being extremely convenient as finding parking and ordering can be time consuming. It would be helpful to order ahead with the app or use the self-order tablet, as Panera is quite busy during school hours. With a diverse menu, you’re sure to find something that suits your taste.