Presidential indictment accuses Trump of consequential crimes once again

Photo credited to CNN

On August 14, Former President Trump had been charged for the fourth time in months with serious crimes. 

Multiple public officials have laid out proof of presidential crimes mixed with mysterious co-conspirators and intersecting subplots. The Georgia indictment went further than previous ones from the charges of 18 others with joining a criminal enterprise corresponding with Trump.

Yet, most Americans have already made up their minds about Trump long before public officials got mixed in, recent polls have shown. He is, depending on the perspective, a lawbreaker finally being brought to justice due to persecution by partisans who prefer to keep him out of office.

Trump has moved the line so far that supporters, even most of his Republican opponents, have shown no signs of turning against him no matter how many indictments have happened. 

When Trump was brought in in April for financial charges, the first indictment allowed 8.2 million people to tune into news channels to spectate. But when he arrived in Florida to plead in the classified documents case, the audience fell to 5.5 million. 

“So it’s different and interesting because it’s a state that’s doing it and it has lots of people tied to him, or accused of working with him,” AP United States History teacher Pankaj Sharma said. It’s different from the federal charges and it’s more sprawling. This is casting a wider net and it’s saying wasn’t just that Trump but it was like 18 other people that he was working with.”

Trump has been found to be a professional defendant. He has been found liable for sexual abuse by a jury that ordered $5 million in damages from a civil court this year. His family-run business, the Trump Organization, has been sentenced to 17 counts of tax fraud along with other major financial crimes.

The country must prepare itself for what will be defined as the Trial of the Century. The table has now been set with a set of issues that have been laid out by four grand juries. All in all, they have charged him with 91 felonies, one of which will put him in prison for years.