Amber Weatherspoon, Freshman

Photo courtesy of Amber Weatherspoon

What is your name and grade? Amber Weatherspoon, Freshman.

What, if any, extracurriculars are you involved in? I am in HOSA, Dance Marathon, WHO club, figure skating, varsity cross country, track and field, RIOT, DREAM, student council, korean club, I volunteer at a nursing home, IL student leadership, inclusivity CSL athlete training, and I am a cofounder of the figure skating club here at Niles North. 

How do you balance all the activities you do on top of school? I like to make schedules to help me keep track of my day.

What’s your favorite book? My favorite book is The Wedding Party by Jasmine Guillory. I would recommend it to anyone. 

What’s your favorite song? I really like Hey Lover by Wabie.

What’s it like being a twin? I would say I don’t notice it very often until people point it out. But it’s also kind of nice because I always have someone to talk to and lean on.

What’s one thing you wished you knew at the beginning of the year? Highschool really isn’t that hard. I walked in thinking it would be really difficult, but honestly it hasn’t.

What’s one thing you’d change about Niles North? I would like to see some better athletic facilities.

What’s your favorite class? STEM inquiry and research. I love how independent the assignments are and researching my own content. 

What’s one thing you look forward to in the future? I look forward to competing with my figure skating team.