Lindsey Klaus, Sophomore

What is your name and grade? My name is Lindsey. I am in 10th grade. I am a Sophomore. 

What are your special interests? I like to run and read. I’m on the girls’ track team and cross country. In my free time, I feel like I’m always reading. 

How would your friends describe you? The thing that comes to mind is whenever we do those quizzes; like, ‘How would your friends describe you?’ they always pick loyal. I don’t know what else. 

What are you passionate about? Starting high school, I’ve definitely started to find more interests. Reading has been something that I have been really passionate about. Sports is never something I thought I was gonna participate in. I never thought I was athletic at all. I joined my first sport freshman year and then I joined another sport this year because of that. I am a big reader. I am a firm believer in thinking there’s a book out there for everyone

What is your dream job? In the past, I’ve thought about being a teacher. I have a summer job where I work with kids a ton. I do ECE here and I get to work with the kids in the preschool. I’ve definitely considered being an early childhood teacher or possibly an English teacher. 

If you could change one thing in your life, what would it be? If I could change something I don’t think I would want to change anything about my appearance or about my skills. If I could change something, I would like to be a more confident person. I feel like I overthink things a lot and I would love to just take that away. 

Where is your favorite place in the world? Why is it your favorite? I feel like my favorite places honestly are just like home or wherever my friends are. I have a couple of friends who I have been friends with for years. So honestly my favorite place is just anywhere that I am with them. 

When do you feel most at peace? I would definitely say when I am with my friends or my siblings. I am a triplet, So I am like insanely close to my siblings. Their presence makes me feel so much better. 

What does success look like to you? To me, success is whether or not your trying your hardest. I know people who measure the success of who has the highest grades and stuff like that. But I think if you’re genuinely trying your hardest to work towards a goal, then that is the best. 

What’s the greatest achievement you’ve had in your track experience? First of all, I am happy that I have put myself out there adn decided to join. I was originally not going to go through with track but I think I am just proud of myself for just getting out there. I am proud that I am able to go to practice every day and able to see results or that I get faster times. I am proud that I am putting in the effort even when I didn’t think I could do it.

What inspires you to be involved in track? My teammates definitely inspire me to do track. They’re the reason that I am able to get through practice. 6 am practices are really difficult. I try my best to remind myself of what my goals are and what I hope to do. Every single minute I spend practicing is working towards these goals. 

What are you proud of? I’m proud of the fact that I have gotten closer to my teammates this year. I have done a lot more team bonding, last year was my year to really just figure things out and figure out what I am doing. And this year, I am trying to have more leadership on the team. Try to get to know the other girls on the team. I am trying to find which events to work towards and PR in.