Spirit Week unites students, staff

Photo courtesy of Niles North Student Activity Staff

Niles North is celebrating this week full of dressing up and having fun with students and staff that will lead up to the 2020 Spring Assembly this Friday, March 13.

Spirit Week will last March 9-13 where students, teachers, and staff show their school spirit. Monday is Tropical Day, Tuesday is Favorite Artist/ Band T-Shirt Day, Wednesday is Neon Day, Thursday is Chicago Sports Day, and Friday is Wear Black Friday.

Director of Student Activities Caroline Benjamin shared her thoughts about Spirit Week. 

“Students should participate in Spirit Week because it’s a great way to create some positivity in the school and feel united,” Benjamin said, “If we’re all engaging in the same activity in a real positive and fun way, then it builds unity in the building across student-to-student and staff-to-staff. It’s just a great way to show school spirit.”

The colorful festive theme is inspired by this year’s brand new Winterfest event taking place on Friday, March 13 in the Niles North Fieldhouse. Tickets are $20 during all lunch periods during Spirit Week and $25 at the door.

The Spring Pep Assembly will begin at 8:20 a.m. on Friday, March 13 after their scheduled homeroom. Students will not be cleared from their homeroom if they choose not to attend school before first period at 9:25 a.m.