Cross country finishing the season strong

Saturday, Oct. 5 girls cross country traveled to Niles West High School for their Pat Savage  

Trinette Lopez finished strong with a time of 21:10.77 in 109 place out of the 384 varsity runners.

Sophomore Jennifer Goodfriend walked away from the meet happy, having shaved off about 15 seconds on her time for the three mile run with a time of 25:56.16.

“We have a lot of really strong freshmen this year after losing so many great seniors last year. I knew we would have to work a lot to get to where a lot of the girls were last year, but so many girls have really stepped up to the plate and have been working really hard.” Goodfriend says.

With a lot of patience, time, and hard work, this season seems to have gone well in many of the cross country girls’ eyes.

“I think that overall this season is more than I could have hoped for in the way that our team bonded and were there for each other. People might not be getting their best times but our cross country community is better than I ever thought it could be.” Sophomore Talia Neuhaus says. Neuhaus finished her varsity race with a time of  23:29.90.

With their season’s end approaching quickly, make support your girls cross country team on Saturday, Oct. 19 at Niles West High School at 9:30a.m. This meet will determine whether or not they will progress onto regionals.

Go Vikings!