The future of ‘Tarot’ should not be determined by its reviews

As the cards are dealt, secrets are uncovered, the line between reality and the supernatural blurs. Tarot: Unveiling Destiny is an excellent horror film that explores fate, choice, and the power of the unknown. The movie hit the big screens on May 3 and has since received a disappointing and undeserved 20% Tomatometer (review score) and a 56% Audience Score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Four friends unleash inconceivable evil that is trapped within a cursed deck of tarot cards. Each of the four friends, one by one, is forced to face their fate, based on the reading of the evil tarot cards. 

The evil entity takes the shape of the creatures drawn on the tarot cards. Featured in the movie are cards such as The Fool, The High Priestess, The Hangman, and The Magician. Each character has a special way of terrorizing each victim. Each scene featuring these characters is sure to keep you on the edge of your seat with its plot twists and jump scares. 

“For a PG-13 movie, it was really scary and intense,” sophomore Adela Hanic said. “The elevator scene with The Fool, in particular, was really scary.”

My expectations going into the movie were low, but I left the movie feeling satisfied by the scares the movie had to bring. The movie theater accentuates the intense experience of watching such horror movies too; it’s definitely worth the watch.