Sentinels Sweep the VCT

Sentinels receiving their trophy
Sentinels
Sentinels receiving their trophy

The VCT known as the Valorant Champion tournaship is a widely renown competition millions of people know. 

In the month of Nov. many teams started to prepare for the VCT. It lasts 3 weeks and starts on August 1st. 

Valorant is a known fps game. You have 13 rounds to attack and defend your side using gunplay, abilities and strategies. And, one life per round with some exceptions with abilities such as revives. Either be competitive or light-gaming there are options for every type of competitiveness. 

Your agents are characters you will be playing throughout the competitive matches which last 30-45 minutes; exceptions are other modes like spike rush, being 8-12 minutes. There are currently 25 agents as to date; the latest being Clove, an aggressive smoker being in the controller categories. Agents are divided into 4 known as duelists, initiators, recon, and controllers. 

There are currently 8 maps on rotation: Ascent, Bind, Breeze,  Icebox, Lotus,  Split, Sunset, Haven. Every couple of months, maps are constantly swapped in and out spicing up gameplay. This will play a major part in the VCT as the maps that are in rotation will be used in the tournament.

How do these pro-valiant players prepare for the VCT? They participate in scrims: pro teams against other pro teams. This helps them regularly practice and refine their strategies for the upcoming brackets; two teams facing against each other. Usually, during scrims, they do not face other pro players they are competing against for various reasons. 

The two main teams making it to the finale, are Sentinels and 100 Thieves. We’ll start with sentinels. Their team made it to the finals with 5 players: Tyson Ngo (Tenz), Mohamed Amine Quarid (Johnqt), Jordan Montemurro (Zellsis), Zachary Patrone (Zekken), Gustavo Rossi (Sacy). Tyson known as Tenz is the most popular; Tyson is known throughout the Valorant community to be the best Valorant player.

100 Thieves roster with 5 people: Kelden Pupello, Daniel Vucenovic, Matthew Dylan Panganiban, Sean Christian Bezerra, and Peter Mazuryk. These two teams are facing off in the finals. The map: icebox, with Sentinels ending it 13-10, an hour of gameplay of intense focus.