Benny the Butcher’s latest album, ‘Everybody Can’t Go’ is sure to catch attention

Spotify
Spotify

Benny the Butcher came to fame from his debut album Tana Talk 3, released in 2018, although he has been dropping bars since 2004, but he is not as heavily recognized as he deserves. I am guilty of not knowing who he was before this, but his album left me pleasantly surprised. Released on Jan. 25 with 12 songs, totalling to about 40 minutes is Benny the Butchers’ newest, Everybody Can’t Go

The album opens with Jermaine’s Graduation, heartfelt lyrics over a hip hop piano beat. The lyrics were sort of unexpected, I was expecting some sort of loud egotistical lyrics, but that’s not what I got at all. Benny describes the hardships he had to face growing up with the lyrics ‘Me teary eyed and gullible//I lived it with a mother who struggled through addiction I know every side of drug abuse’. Although this is something I can’t resignate with, Benny’s creative lyricism made me sympathize with him.

Overall, this album was impressive, especially because I haven’t heard very much from this artist. Everybody Can’t Go really got me interested in the rest of Benny the Butcher’s discography, leading me to find more good plays from him.