PinkPantheress’ debut album ‘Heaven Knows’ is divine

Cover of Heaven Knows courtesy of Spotify
Cover of ‘Heaven Knows’ courtesy of Spotify

PinkPantheress released her debut full-length album ‘Heaven knows’ on November 10, and it truly is heavenly. With the drop of the album being slightly unexpected, word is slowly being picked up that PinkPantheress has come out with yet another spectacular tracklist. Although the album is on the shorter side, each song is a good listen and contains several great features. 

At the moment “Nice to meet you” is one of the most listened to (new) songs on the album, featuring Central Cee, another well-known British singer. Although, it seems the popularity comes purely from the feature, as the song itself isn’t anything special. Central Cee’s part doesn’t mesh smoothly with PinkPantheress’ typical beat, making it difficult to decide whether the song is good or not. 

The two songs “Ophelia” and “Capable of love” were leaked before the official release, so hearing the differences between the two was interesting. Although the majority of the song remains the same, there are a few changes that make the official versions slightly less enjoyable. 

Some personal favorites off the album would have to be “True romance” and “Feel complete”. They’re both great to sing along to, and have slightly unique melodies without straying too far from her theme. “Mosquito” is also really good, but it’s not a new song off the album. Every song on the album is great though, so it’s hard to pick one favorite.

“Mosquito” is actually one of two singles on the tracklist, the other being “Boy’s a liar Pt. 2”. “Mosquito” blends in with the rest of the album quite nicely, but “Boy’s a liar Pt. 2” doesn’t really fit in anywhere which is probably why it’s placed at the bottom of the tracklist. Overlooking the album it feels pretty messy, but it actually works together really nicely. Overall, ‘Heaven knows’ is a satisfactory album that grows curiosity for what PinkPantheress will release next.