Ken Carson stirs up ‘A Great Chaos’ with his latest album

Ken Carson finally dropped his album, A Great Chaos, on October 13. Many fans had been anticipating the album, but due to several leaks the album release date kept getting pushed back. However, it was worth the wait as fans were left satisfied with the tracklist.

The album starts off with the song Green Room. The melody is on the tamer side, compared to some of his other bass heavy songs. For being one of the longer songs on the album, I felt as though it wasn’t that memorable after listening to the whole album. However, I think this is a good way to begin the album since it leaves the listeners wanting more of his typical style, which is given in the second song on the tracklist, Jennifer’s Body.

Jennifer’s Body is a common favorite within Ken’s fanbase, probably because it’s more upbeat and hype. The song name, Jennifer’s Body, is also the name of a famous horror/comedy movie. This seems to be a common trend in his naming process, as he also has an album named after the comedy film, Project X. Fans also enjoyed the track Fighting My Demons, quickly becoming a popular audio on TikTok. Again, most likely due to the amount of bass and its catchy intro. 

My personal favorite on the album has to be Me N My Kup, followed up by ‘i need u’, which is one of his singles. Me N My Kup has the perfect amount of synth and vocals, which makes the song enjoyable the whole way through. It also just stood out the most to me when listening to the album, but I feel like it’s less mentioned compared to some of the other songs on the tracklist, so I’d recommend listening to it. 

A Great Chaos closes off with Rockstar Lifestyle and Carson’s latest single, i need u. Rockstar Lifestyle has a more chill vibe, with a simple beat and less vocals than his other songs. His voice is as though he’s simply speaking the lyrics and not singing it, which is a nice contrast to the last song on the tracklist i need u which is bouncier and more up beat. I think this was a really great way to end the album, toning the final song down then bringing back that energy with a popular single. Overall, I think Ken Carson added another great album to 2023 and I look forward to his future releases.