Calliope Literary Magazine inspires creativity, encourages leadership

NNCalliope

If you’re interested in a place where you’re free to explore all of your artistic ideas or just hang out with your friends and review cool pieces of art, then Calliope (Cuh-Lie-Opee) is the perfect place for you.

The club is held from 3:30 to 4:30 P.M in Studio 7 of the Skyloft. The meetings will be held every other Tuesday.

The goal of Calliope is to provide a space for student artists to express themselves, their background, their experiences and to share art with each other.

“Students need a space to express their art and the magazine is a great way of doing so,” Calliope Editor and senior Bianca Joaquin said.

Students need a space to express their art and the magazine is a great way of doing so.

— Bianca Joaquin, Calliope editor

Every year Calliope hosts a big event called “The Night of Muses.” The event includes a wide range of performances such as singing, slam poetry, and instrumental performances and requires no past experience and of course there will be lots of snacks. 

“It was an amazing time, I got to see such interesting and vivid performances at Night of Muses,” junior Anh Nguyen said.

Apart from Night of Muses there will also be various writing workshops throughout the year, and this year the club is planning to go on print.

In terms of what the club can offer you besides an inclusive space to work through your ideas, it looks great on college applications because it shows collaborative and organizational skills. If you’re not planning on majoring in a fine arts related field, being a part of the club shows schools that you are a creative individual with various skills in a communicative setting.