Thrift yourself a new wardrobe with DM

Thea Abang

Do you have any old clothes or accessories you would be willing to donate to a good cause? Niles North Dance Marathon will be hosting its annual Thrift Store alongside Fashion Club, Climate Change Club, and Fem Club in the New Commons, periods 3-7. September 20-22, clothes and accessories will be sold for reasonable prices and all proceeds will go to DM’s beneficiary this year, Will’s Place!

Boxes are set up around the school to collect donations for the event, the bins are set up both by the new entrance and by the Old Commons to collect donations. Donations can include any old clothes, accessories, hangers, and more. DM will be collecting donations until September 15.

The thrift store is a great opportunity to fill that one empty spot in your closet, and contribute to your community.

“I already love thrifting, so I’m looking forward to going to the thrift store with my friends.” sophomore Rylee Reyes said.

The thrift store is just one of DM’s exciting events throughout the year, DM selects a beneficiary each year where they donate all the proceeds, this year being Will’s Place a non profit organization specifically driven to employing adults with disabilities in order to provide them a job and skills that can be attractive to potential employers in the future.

“One big success from last year was definitely Dance Marathon’s Night Of Celebration where we announced how much money was raised for the Harbour — Which was about $47,500 dollars!” junior Thea Abang said.