Diego Hernandez, Senior

What’s your name and grade? Diego Hernandez and I’m a senior.

What’s your plan after high school? After high school, I plan to go to school at DePaul to study journalism and study. 

Favorite Marvel movie? My favorite Marvel movie has to be Spider-Man: No Way Home.

Who/what inspires you? My father inspires me every day. His determination and dedication to create a better life for me and my siblings pushes me to fulfill his expectations and make it worth the sacrifices he has made. 

If you could say something to your past self, what would it be? If I could say something to my past self, I’d tell him to work harder. Things don’t come easy to those who don’t try.

What do you like to do during your free time? In my free time, I like to play video games and soccer. I also like to try new foods.

Who’s your favorite soccer play and why? My favorite soccer player has to be Luka Modric, his intelligence and class is amazing to watch. He and Real Madrid are one of my favorite teams to watch. 

What’s one of your favorite memories at Niles North? One of my favorite Niles North memories has to be the football games. Especially as a senior, the hype in the stadium is great. 

What’s one of your greatest achievements so far? One of my greatest achievements is just how much I grew as a person throughout my time at Niles North. From the quarantine to coming back and readjusting, it only helped me to keep pushing forward. 

What do you wish to see more of at Niles North? I want more inclusivity. Everyone deserves to be heard because we are all a part of the Niles North community. 

What’s your best advice for incoming freshmen? I think the best advice for freshmen is to ask for help. Coming from middle school to high school is a big leap forward and sometimes incoming freshmen have a hard time adjusting. At Niles North, there are so many resources available for students and I think it’s important to take advantage of them.