Anthony Bramley, Sophomore

Anthony Bramley, Sophomore

Photo taken by Sam Dababneh

Anthony Bramley, Sophomore

What’s your name and what grade are you in? My name is Anthony Bramley, and I’m a sophomore.

How long have you been working with Viking media? I joined Viking Media at the beginning of my freshman year in 2021. The club, unfortunately, fell into limbo second semester of that year following the exit of the club’s sponsor. This year, I picked it up and have been leading it since. During the ‘Bramley Era,’ so to speak, we’ve maintained a dedicated crew (shout-out to Melany, Said, Jason, Aaron, Sedrik, Rhino, Moriah, Bolu, Rade, and probably more who have put hours into our program) and have expanded our coverage of events. We’ve been working on photography and have beefed up our commentating abilities, writing promotional scripts, and more.

Do you want to pursue a career in sports broadcasting? It’s my plan B; I’ve got the abilities but my heart is in education. I hope to become a high school English teacher.

Favorite musician? Hard to pinpoint this one. Historically, it’s been Project Pat or Too $hort, but I’ve been getting into bachata recently and have been running through Raulin Rodriguez’s discography.

Favorite show or movie? David Bowie’s Labyrinth is always a fun one to look back at. Also a big fan of Witness.

What impact do you hope to leave on Niles North? I’ve never really thought about my impact here. I hope my involvement in VM and more inspires other students to get involved. After-school activities are a great tool to build community in schools and help students feel welcome. Perhaps they’ll name a hallway after me, too.